Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rice Kristpie Treats

More cell phone pictures. Alice is moving so fast and doing so many things that I sometimes find it hard to keep the camera on hand. These are pretty decent quality, I think.

Alice is eating like a champ but seems to be starting diva-like behavior (Vicki, have a problem saying that now, LOL). When we give her something new, we generally feed her a bite (which she spits out and makes a nasty face) then put the food on her tray and try to "ignore" her. When she thinks that we are not paying attention, she eats everything up. Eating at school seems to be another story. I think blogged previously about Alice being a food thief - not eating her own food but stealing other babies food. Well, now that all of the toddlers sit and eat together, there is not as much opportunity for her to be sneaky. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Alice eats her morning and afternoon snack voraciously but does not eat lunch at all. The teachers are trying some different variations at my request....smaller morning snack, earlier bottle, sitting her next to a good eater. We'll see how these things work.

On the list of YES table foods....spaghetti and meatballs, mixed veggies (broccoli, beans, corn, carrots), watermelon, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, potatoes, hot dogs, pancakes, ground beef. On the list of NO table foods....well, I could just cut and paste the list above - it all depends on her mood. We seem to never go wrong with pasta though. (Should I be worried about too many carbs at this age? What if all she will eat is pasta?) Oh, and as you can see below, she likes Rice Krispie treats - doesn't quite understand the stickiness though. :)


OK so I have a question for my fellow Mommies. Alice has been congested all summer. We have had a round of antibiotics and have seen the doctor a few times only to be told that her lungs/ears/chest are all clear. John and I have decided that it must be from the air conditioning. I even started using a humidifier last night and she still woke up coughing at 2am and was even more "snotty" this morning. Does anyone have any ideas on what we can do? Obviously, turning off the a/c is out of the question and we have fairly new air filters. We are at a loss....help!

No comments: