Thursday, August 6, 2009

Quick Doc and school update

Just a quick note to let you know what happened at the doctor yesterday. I explained the symptoms and my theories and the doc pretty much agreed with me. Alice's chest/lungs sounded clear, her throat was not red, and her ears were still clear. He heard the rattling in her breathing but said that it is very much in her sinuses. He suggested that she has a sinusitis that is just very stubborn. He prescribed antibiotics. At this point, I am satisfied with that diagnosis - we will wait and see how the antibiotics work. Alice passed out before we had a chance to get the script filled so she started the meds this morning. To play it safe last night, John rocked her to sleep. We have decided to rock her to sleep until at least Saturday night to try to let the meds get to work.

Alice had a great first day of "toddler" school. The teachers told me that she was very interested in eating the snacks (nilla wafers and graham crackers) but did not touch lunch (fish sticks and mashed potatoes) so she had baby food. That surprised me because all the kids sat at a table together, I was sure that if she saw the other kids eating, she would join in. Today is taco day so I am not sure if she will even be given that to eat. we'll see. I was also told that Alice was one of the only babies to actually sleep on her cot. Probably because on the new schedule, she did not have her morning nap. She was exhausted!

No comments: