Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Au contraire mon frere

John is forgetting all the other great things that he will be doing during the labor and delivery....things that he never has the luxury of doing at home any other time.
According to the class teacher, John should do the following:
1. Feed mom ice chips because she will be thirsty but will not be allowed to drink.
2. Massage mom's back, feet, etc.
3. Remind mom to pee frequently.
4. Remind mom to breathe.
5. Emotional support. (This is the important one, John!!!)
6. Not run when mom starts yelling and cursing from the pain. (Yes, it will be all your fault, John!)
I especially like #2. We practiced some massage techniches in class last night and hope to get more practice in before Alice comes.....hint hint John.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That whole "no eating or drinking" thing is a load of crap.....If you have to have a section, they can do it on a full tummy. I'd polished off a burrito and a sprite and was half way into a honey bun when they realized I was in labor....30 minutes later I was in the or. Tell him to bring you a cheeseburger :) -C