Personal Log: Stardate -315560.9 (For the non geeks who don't watch Star Trek:7/24/2008)
I am boldly going where no man should go. It is week 29 of this adventure. Colleen and I had our first "birthing" class put on by the hospital. I have been told that I am going to be a "coach" during the birthing process. I was hoping for a little hand holding and some minor breathing suggestions like being a "cheerleader" minus the outfit. The hospital should not have engineers go to this class. I kept asking questions like, "What is the probability of that happening?" or "Is that measured in centimeters, too?" There is nothing wrong with statistics but the teacher didn't have any answers. But, I am excited that I am supposed to measure the contractions when she starts going into labor. I need to get a stop watch but I already have the engineering notebook to make the recordings. There was a lot of pictures and "by the way" comments that should not be discussed in a family public blog. Next class, it is going to about C-sections. I am going to hold on to my hat for that one. For all the woman out there, you are the superior species.
John
1 comment:
too funny! my hubby was the same way...at one point our dr (jokingly) told him to stop reading so much bc he was asking too many questions.
Post a Comment