No pictures today...this week has been a little hectic and I have not had a second to download the camera.
Alice had her 4 month pediatrician appointment yesterday afternoon. As usual, she was a very good little girl. She cried when she got her shots but it was over pretty quickly. Alice is 16 pounds, 6 ounces and is 26 inches long. Our little lobster!
The doctor also told us that she has full blown ear infections in both ears. I feel terrible that I did not know - she has not been extra fussy or uncomfortable at all. She has had a stuffy nose but I thought it was just another cold from daycare. The doc said that the stuffy nose is a symptom - oops. The doctor also said that he considers this ear infection to be her second. He said that the eye infection last month was the first since when he saw her last month, the ears were starting to get infected. He told me that if she gets another ear infection in the next 20 days OR 2 more by June, we will go to an ENT to talk about getting tubes. So it seems that Alice is going to continue in the tradition that her cousin, Nate, started - One ear infection after another. Nate had his first set of tubes at 8 months and just got his second set last month at 4 years old. He got a new infection just days after finishing a round of antibiotics. These poor kids...did we all have this many ear infections when we were little? I, obviously, don't remember but I also don't remember hearing about it as I have grown up. Hmmm....a question for the Grandma and ChaCha. (my mom and John's mom).
TGIF - Have a good weekend!!
1 comment:
sweetie, don't feel bad about the ears. if she didn't act like it was bothering her then how could you know? Spencer is going through the same thing. he got started a little later than Alice, but he's had a a cold almost nonstop since August and each one turns into the ear infection. argh. you just gotta ride it out I guess. let us know what they say about tubes. no one has mentioned that to us yet.
Post a Comment