Sunday, September 21, 2008

Waiting on a Sunday Night



September 21st

Everything is going "normal." We went to the doctor late last week and the doctor announced that everybody is doing normal. We had a quick ultrasound and the baby is down in the right position. Except for swollen feet, Colleen is doing great. Alice is doing well. She was dancing for a couple of days last week. She has been quiet this weekend.

The nursery is ready. The hospital overnight bag is packed. The car seat is in the car. Car is full of gas. Just like the gang in the crib, we are waiting.

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John- enjoy your sleep. Colleen - you probably quit sleeping weeks ago. The gang in the crib look restless and a little untrustworthy if you ask me. The whole world is about to shift for you into something you never imagined - a beautiful, happy, tired, anxious, elated, confused, amazing, amazing, amazing world. I used to say I'd never say this - going through what I went through -life just can't be totally fulfilling without children to love - your own children whether by birth or adoption - not neices and nephews and godchildren and such but your own actual children. It is something undescribable. Col - I wouldn't wish to be back close to delivery, but I'd give almost anything to have another baby. Enjoy her when she gets here. -C