Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Called the doctor today...

The uncomfortable feelings I have been having since Sunday night have changed to painful ones. I have been having a lot of pressure when I stand up and then while up and walking around, I have been getting sharp stabbing pains. Having said that, I still am not convinced that I have had any real contractions. I have pains but nothing that I can really time or even count. The whole process is getting very frustrating.


So, today I called the doctor to get advice. The exam proved that I was not dilated even though it sort of feels like Alice has decided to start coming without waiting for the dilating process.


After the exam, the doctor scheduled an ultrasound to check on her size. They estimate that she is 8 1/2 pounds. Now for the funny part.... on the ultrasound machines, when the sonographer measures a specific part of the baby, it generates an average gestational age. Well, all of Alice measured spot on for being 39 weeks but her head measured 41 weeks!!! LOLOLOL I am laughing now because the delivery has not started, I am sure I will not be laughing then. Ouch.


I have another Dr. appt scheduled next Tuesday (my due date is Wednesday) so if she is not here by then, the doc said that we would "discuss options". And I am now officially out of work, as the doctor recommended that I start my leave to try to relax. Funny thing is that if I was still at my old job, I had planned to start my leave on 10/1 but since starting my new job, I had hoped that I would be able to work as long as possible. No such luck. Despite being worried about leaving the new job so early, I am a little relieved about being off. I think I have been so stressed about the new job on top of the baby that I have not allowed myself any time to get a handle on things. I am looking forward to sleeping in really late tomorrow....but then I will be bored and looking for something to do. Isn't that always how it happens.

I will keep you posted!

No comments: