Monday, September 29, 2008

Starting to feel.....blah

OK so I think the first stage of labor started last night. I am having period-like cramping and lower back pain. It is pretty constant so I am not sure how I should be timing it, if at all. The pains are not really what I would think of as contractions since they are pretty constant. The books I have read say that this stage could last 1-7 days. Good Grief.

Does anyone know if I should still be feeling the baby move during contractions?

I think now will start the constant debate with myself... 1. Do I leave work and go home? 2. Do I call the doctor? 3. Do I go to the hospital? I think I am far enough away from 2 & 3 but number 1 is in the forefront of my mind.

Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

MSW said...

everyone's experience is different, but what you describe is pretty much how I felt at first. I went into the hospital pretty early bc my doc told me to...he felt that things would proceed quickly for me. as it turned out they didn't, and if I have a second child I will prob wait a bit longer. that said, I would still err on the side of caution. the hospital staff works for you, and you want to go in and let them investigate, then go ahead and don't feel awkward about it.