- I quit my job
- I got a fabulous new job
- I got a really bad cold
- I really didn't have anything to report. Well, that isn't really true but....
OK so I will start with number 1 & 2. That's right, I quit my job. I have worked at the same place since John and I moved to Huntsville in 2005. The company has been good to me but I have been getting increasingly bored and frustrated with a number of issues that were not going to be resolved. I had just been promoted in February but I decided that I should start looking anyway. I was secretly wishing that somehow I could quit to stay home with Alice, but financially that was just not going to happen. I was sure that I would not have many options due to the fact that I was/am pregnant so I just started throwing my resume out there to see if it stuck anywhere.
So, I had a few interviews and in the beginning and while I could still hide the belly, I kept mum. But as the belly grew, I felt like I was being dishonest by not saying anything to the potential employer. I knew that no one could NOT hire me due to the fact that I was pregnant but I found it hard to believe that it would be an non-issue - I figured it would be at least one reason to put my resume on the bottom of the pile. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I had the interview for my new job. My "future" boss was telling me about future projects and so I thought it would be a good time to mention my "condition". Get this....he said "So?" Right then, I knew I was in luck. Fast forward a few weeks later, I put my notice in at my old job and started my new job....at 37 weeks pregnant. Everyone at the new place has been incredibly great about the whole thing, no one seems to care that I will only be here a short time then will be out. I am feeling nervous about it but, what to do? They saw me as the right person for the job and are willing to wait for me....who am I to argue! I guess I should try to enjoy that feeling. :) For the first time in probably a year, I don't mind when the alarm goes off in the morning and I have not dreaded the end of the weekend.
Anyway, another reason I have not posted in quite a while is because I was trying to get over a wicked cold. Urgh, summer colds are the worst. It was sort of nice to have a reason to stay in bed all day but it got so tiresome. Oh, and daytime TV is the WORST! I could feel the intelligence draining out of me after 4 days of that garbage. Thank God I was not put on bed rest. I would have lost my mind.
OK, so on to the reason you all tune into this great source of information and entertainment....baby news! It has been pretty quiet. A few weeks ago, Alice was rolling around and stretching like crazy. It was wild to watch my belly contort as she moved. Over the last week or so, she has really quieted down and I am told it is because she is out of room. uh, yeah, I would agree with that....I am huge! The doctor thinks that she is probably about 7.5-8 pounds now so if I go the full 40 weeks, we are looking at a 9 pounder! My ankles have officially disappeared. I can only wedge my feet into flip flops and even those hurt and leave wicked marks.
We have a doctor appointment tomorrow and John is so excited to start talking about scenarios. He is too funny. He told me the other day that HE thinks if I do not have her by the 8th, I should just go ahead and have a c-section. I asked him to stop talking.....lolol. The fact that she really could arrive "any day now" is so bizarre and for me it is a little troublesome. I don't expect or even want to be told that she will be here, say 4:30pm on Saturday but I would like to know whether or not I could make plans between next Wednesday through Saturday, ya know? I am trying to chill and stop planning everything. I know that once she is here, my every life plan will fly straight out the window but...I can hope, huh?
Anyway, I suppose that is enough for now. I have an email all ready to go out to announce her arrival - all John has to do is enter the info and hit send. Keep checking this blog, I am sure that John (and I) will be posting as soon as we know something....or have someone :)
Love to you all! Thank you so much for all the great support and advice.
2 comments:
It is about frickin' time! Does this mean that I'm going to have to tell Alice that she needs to come along? It worked for you two, think it will work with her? :-)
I know I have told you before but I think it bears repeating. I am so glad that you aren't at the old job anymore. You were seriously not liking it there. If feels good to be free doesn't it?
While I'm still hoping for the 11th, I hope she comes before I leave for the weekend. While I would love for my goddaughter to be born on my birthday, I really, really want to meet her!
Thanks again for dinner!
Try 2 months of bed rest - yeah - nightmare....that's whay I was so glad fro your visits. Wish more people had taken the time like you did.
Plans are out the door. Think about how often my 2 are sick or something is going on to keep me from everything else. It is okay, though, because they make life worth living.
Post a Comment