Thursday, July 2, 2009

Water Baby

Alice went in the pool for the first time last weekend. She LOVED it right from the beginning! I held her while John took pictures. LOL- you might have thought it was a once in a lifetime event by the number of shots that John took. (well, actually, I guess it was a once in a lifetime event :)).

We started our swim without her ears covered but soon realized that the little one is a splasher so we had to put her plugs and head wrap on. We are using these little silly putty type plugs but she is starting to try to pull them out so I got this "ear band-it". It works so great and she really didn't seem to mind it.

I bought her a little raft but she was not really happy about being in it. We'll try it again this weekend. She seemed pretty at ease in the water, but did want to stay with me the whole time. The dogs were very interested in what she was doing and gave her lots of kisses when we floated to the side of the pool.

We have a very lazy holiday weekend planned. I found a big wooden swing set/playhouse on Craigslist for $25 so John and I will be setting that up. (Seriously, $25 - the seller says that there are a few boards that need to be replaced but we can do that! Hope it is as nice as the picture)

Have a great weekend and Happy Independence Day!!

1 comment:

Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

Alya saw this and said, "It is baby Alice in a pool!"