The skills John and I have acquired in record time:
1. quick hands (to wipe the butt before the contents of the diaper get everywhere),
2. strong use of elbows (to hold baby on back while hands are busy cleaning and affixing tabs),
3. Motor mouth (Alice has been giving us a lot of raspberries/motorboats so giving it back to her sometimes keep her still for 30 seconds)
4. Strategic placement of the Nemo diaper wipes container (this seems to be what she goes for every time. We are now waiting for her to start wiping herself.)
5. Stuffed Turtle (This keeps her occupied for 30 seconds – only when john is changing her. It doesn’t work for me)
6. A very good sense of humor and constant enjoyment at our little wonder.
While on the topic of changing a wiggly baby, I have to wonder why diapers are not reversible. Meaning the front can be the back and vice versa. I think it would be a great improvement in the absorption as well as helping parents with babies who insist on being on their bellies during diaper changing. Hey, it might even save embarrassment for a few new fathers who don’t know which way the tabs are supposed to go. Side note: when I mentioned this to John, he got very defensive and requested I point out that he only put Alice’s diaper on backwards one time.
John took Alice to her pre-op ENT appointment this morning. We are all set and ready to have the tubes put in on Thursday.
Took this photo with a cell phone yesterday. It is not the best quality but still cute enough to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment