My girlfriend, Christa, is throwing me a shower on the 28th. Her sister-in-law, Emily, is a graphic artist and designed the cutest invitations for the occasion. Aren't they adorable? My mom and John's mom are both coming to help us celebrate. I am so excited even though I know almost nothing about it. Christa is determined not to let me in on any of the planning or helping. I think that she has a little fit when I ask what I can do to help. lolol... I know that it is going to be great but I am really bad at surprises. I like them but I hate not knowing what is going to happen. I am trying to relax and enjoy it. I know that relaxing is going to to be off my to do list very soon.
Our little girl is proving to be an exceptional acrobat and quite a patient if not persistant attention hog. She has been moving around quite a bit. She is pretty still and quiet while I am up and around during the day but once I settle down either in my chair at work or in to bed, she starts her show. She still has a lot of room but I am reading that another growth spurt is about to start so her moving around space is going to get smaller and smaller. I think that she is still head down with her hands up around her head as she has been for all the ultrasound photos. I am eager for her to start turning around so I can feel her higher up.
John got to feel her move for the first time a week and a half ago. His face was awesome. You could see in his eyes that he was hooked. This little one will have him wrapped around her finger in no time.
We have started looking for daycare for when I go back to work. It is a really stressful process. We started with 11 centers based on location and we think that we have it narrowed down to 3 but there are so many issues to think about. There are a few places that we like but would be better around 18 months or so when she can actually start participating and learning from the activites. Right now we are just looking for some place where we feel she will be safe and well cared for.
The prices are a little shocking. When you step back and think about it, some are charging only about minumin wage per hour but when you add it all up is it overwhelming..... We are trying not to think about the price and trying to focus on which place will be best for her but holy cow, that could be a mortgage payment. yikes.
This is my last "Test" post. I am going to be sending the link out today so I hope you all enjoy sharing this journey with us. Let me know your thoughts on the blog itself or on my posts....or on anything.
Our little girl is proving to be an exceptional acrobat and quite a patient if not persistant attention hog. She has been moving around quite a bit. She is pretty still and quiet while I am up and around during the day but once I settle down either in my chair at work or in to bed, she starts her show. She still has a lot of room but I am reading that another growth spurt is about to start so her moving around space is going to get smaller and smaller. I think that she is still head down with her hands up around her head as she has been for all the ultrasound photos. I am eager for her to start turning around so I can feel her higher up.
John got to feel her move for the first time a week and a half ago. His face was awesome. You could see in his eyes that he was hooked. This little one will have him wrapped around her finger in no time.
We have started looking for daycare for when I go back to work. It is a really stressful process. We started with 11 centers based on location and we think that we have it narrowed down to 3 but there are so many issues to think about. There are a few places that we like but would be better around 18 months or so when she can actually start participating and learning from the activites. Right now we are just looking for some place where we feel she will be safe and well cared for.
The prices are a little shocking. When you step back and think about it, some are charging only about minumin wage per hour but when you add it all up is it overwhelming..... We are trying not to think about the price and trying to focus on which place will be best for her but holy cow, that could be a mortgage payment. yikes.
This is my last "Test" post. I am going to be sending the link out today so I hope you all enjoy sharing this journey with us. Let me know your thoughts on the blog itself or on my posts....or on anything.
2 comments:
Way to go with the blog! As you know, due to boredom at work, I have been reading blogs about people I don't even know. Now with this one and Spencer's blog, I will get the scoop on people that I actually know!
Tell Alice her god-mother can't wait to meet her!
I hate surprises too - but you'll just have to suffer :) Tee hee hee! -Christa
Post a Comment